Bouncing Around

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Me Encanta BA, sin emabargo...

Que tal amigos - How are you? Me, I'm good, a little hungry, disapointed in the US curling team and my legs are a little sore from a spirited game of footie (futbol(soccer)) yesterday, but other than that I'm happy. And I just found a NYC style deli place a few blocks from my apartment so actually I've rarely been better.

New occurrences in the greater Buenos Aires region: it's no longer so humid that the simple act of closing the window you opened a few minutes ago because it was so stuffy makes you sweat, which is nice, the people are finally coming back to the city making it even more crowded (I still don't understand the BsAs system for electing sidewalk widths. Some roads, usually the least busy with traffic, have the widest sidewalks, where as the most busy and bus dense, have "paths" resembling a trailway cut through a Peruvian jungle by a conquistador), and school is starting so my fellow certified teachers and I are finally hearing back from all the schools and institutes we wrote to weeks ago. All this is exciting and creates a buzzing atmosphere in the city, if only I had more time to experience it in the outside, I'm usually inside my office from 10:30 - 7, but there is certainly a sense of the real world acomin'.

I don't have much new news about my life other than my sister and Rumpza are coming to town in a week, then the following week Mr and Mrs. James Cokely - Bowman - Cloyd will be making a trip to South American Paris. I have little planned as of yet but have contacted the significant resource of the people I work with to write up a list of the must do's and see's of BA, I pretty much have the clubs and vegetable shops down but thats about it.

I have two interviews this week with English Institutes but I'm going to be at DDB for at least another month so it will be interesting to hear what they have to say, likely I will be a full time sub for people either sick or on vacay. Or of course I may move to mendoza and work on a vineyard during the winter season, all is up in the air, and all is exciting. I have yet to find that beautiful South American girlfriend so I have nothing locking me down to BA right now. Anyway I hope you guys are enjoying the last flurries of winter and looking forward to the gray mushy, dirty landscapes but pretty flowers of the spring. Much love and keep it real.

Chau

And sin embargo is a very useful word I'm sure most of you know or have learned and forgot. It means "however." -- Me gusta fiestas sin embargo no me voy a muchas porque no tengo dinero.

No comments:

Post a Comment