Bouncing Around

Friday, February 5, 2010

Hey Mudarse, I really dislike you

Hola tios - which is actually slang from spain but I believe the Spanish accent is looked at here with the same aura of respect, sometimes not deserving, of a brittish accent in the states.  

Anyway, just to let you know if you ever move to Buenos Aires and are living in a studio apartment for a month then try to figure out a way better place to live, all in the span of two days, it's difficult.  (Spoiler: Mom + Dad probably shouldn't read this)  In all my unending genius I waited until yesterday and today to look for a new apartment, our move out day is Sunday.  Which of course means it's saturday because of all the necessary steps involved with pre-gamming a Superbowl.  All these darn tourists come in with Euro's, Pounds, or Dollars and jack up the prices of what would be low cost living in the western burbs of BsAs, no don't take this directly as a sting Jordan, but it hurts when you begin the transition of making bank in peseos, not those sturdy and reliable Obama greenbacks.  So the search is always inspiring when you see the three bedroom places with a pool on the roof, shared parilla (awesome huge Argentine Grill), and a spiral staircase up to your personal sauna.  Then you realize that those 400$USD are actually per day, not per month, the smile begins to fade. But this here is a big city so things must work out?

Mudarse is the reflexive verb of to move, which is exactly what I hope to be doing tomorrow.  And again the adventurous and tenacious spirit prevails, I contacted a craigslist ad hidden deep within the two day old posts and I believe Mike and I will be living with :Two Argentine Girls, 250$USD//We look for gregarious roommates!!!!:  That was the craigslist ad, word for word,  I literally couldn't have sat down at my desk for 6 hours and come up with a more desirable living situation, so I think were in the green. 

 I start work on monday so maybe soon I'll have some stories with some interest and adventure in them.  Keep it real and always remember "Peyton Manning wheres Kenney Chesney's jorts."


Here is a picture of the January 2010 Graduating class of TEFL International: Buenos Aires
Teach on Teachers

1 comment:

  1. Thomas - Ahhh that whole planning thing. Vastly overrated unless problems arise that might have been avoided. Hope the move went well and you are now lodged in a comfortable spot. No comment about the two female roommates...

    Good luck with the job! Sounds like a great opportunity! Adios & Buenas Suerte

    ReplyDelete