Bouncing Around

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A vos

Cafe Martinez, Avenida de Mayo, Micro Centro, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal, Argentina.

As I sit here waiting, after teaching a bit
I sip my steaming warm coffee and consider the fit
My sitting here wearing a polo, bright yellow and blue
Amongst all the others floating through the city, with so much to do

Two hours to kill why not a muffin de leche
Un buen idea amiga, "por su puesto" se dije
Pero, no se si podria seguirse asi
Porque tengo que mudar durante la dia, es un cosa importa para mi

But each day I awake, before the sun twice a week
I shower up in the dawn, strike my feet to the soaking street
Though the path I now take is worn by my Pumas
It's when you look up that you realize whats humaan

Cada vez una pela arriba en el edifico
Y cada subte asi un picina, los dos estan lleno, entonces, lo mismo
Pero hay un algo buenisimo sobre una dia nueva
Todo es posible cuando vive un la ciudad buena

The reason for the syntax, and AA BB rhythm
Is too appease my fellow cafe drinkers, trying to avoid a schism
Add on the fact that upon which I'm typing is an Apple
I'm pretty much forced to be doing something creative, or at least to dabble.

A vos means and to you. For example, 1. "Buenas dias" and the person would respond "no, no, a vos."

1 comment:

  1. Now we need to add the title "poet" to your many accolades. For the gringos among us, can you provide a translation of the paragraphs in Spanish?

    ReplyDelete