Bouncing Around

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Blanca y Cookies

Yo chicos - I just read a few of my roommate/co conspirator in this argentine fiesta's last blogpost, michaelhromadka.blogspot.com, and he's on 14 I got to speed up or I'm overtaken like a non-American walking down the sidewalk by an American. (I do not consider myself many things: well organized, emotionally sensitive, introverted, un-awesome...modest?....and another thing I certainly never have considered myself is a fast walker. But damn, I honestly pull up behind these people like Earnheart Jr, I mean I'm closing 10 yards in under 2.3 seconds then phoooooshhhh, quick draft behind a two person group and slingshot right ahead of em like it was nothing. It's crazy cause it makes me feel like I'm not stopping to smell the roses and whistle a catchy ditty enough. Moving from America to Buenos Aires was like driving 65 mph your whole life then all of a sudden getting off at the BsAs exit, your still moving 25 mph but it feels soooooooooooo slow. But it's not really too bad cause most of the streets are one way so It's east too judge when you can hop on that diamond lane and cruise past all the old grannies chugging along.)

Wow, don't now where that came from but it really is pretty weird. So,so,so. How are you guys doing, for those who follow this blog, and for the even smaller group that I assume would actually spend their precious time not being forced to stare at a computer screen to read this blog, please comment and let me know something about yourselves. I guess let us know something about you. I am willing to bet one half steak, half chicken, gauc, corn salsa, spicy salsa, cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion, pepper and sour creme, and some red tabasco Chipotle burrito, that I will buying on July 13th of this year, that something really awesome and pretty darn funny has happend to at least 68% percent. I mean, I'm no doctor, but that is simple economics no?

So today I called 150 people. On a computer phone with a headset. I sat in a black swiveling chair while listening to a girl who graduated from UCLA's ipod mix. A very solid mix I must say. I talked to 16 people on the phone today, while clicking nonchalantly, is chalantly a word?, on different areas of the U.S. highway and road system. I convinced 5 people today that I actually am not a liar and want to help them, while thinking about what kind of vegetables I was going to put in my tuna mix for the sandwich I was going to make for dinner (I always assumed you could only use your crunchy vegetables, but alas tomato works). I made a sale today, but the darn gentlemen must have a poor time sense because when he was going to call me back with his conformation and credit card info I was out of the office for an hour. I like my job. I work with funny and cool people, I talk to people who really need help and I can really help them. I save them money and I save them from getting completely ripped off (30% of auto transport industry are scam artists, honest to God scam artist who steal peoples money) I like knowing that I have a honest and good product to sell people and I like talking to people all day. I dislike desks though. I dislike swivel chairs when the headset I'm wearing restricts the full 360 spin. But alas I am learning so much form this experience beyond simple cultura and linguistics. Apparently the first real job you get out of school isn't going to be as a professional gadget tester for Techland.com nor is it going to be assistant Quentin Terrentino in his next project. The reality is sometimes you have to work, and when you do that you really start to appreciate, and recognize, the things you are working for. I'm just now discovering some of this stuff but I do know one of them, ahhhh, welp I just paused on that part a little long so guess the jury's still out.

Wow, everyone okay? things got kind of intense back there, but you know like good intense, like a really spicy burrito.

My job is cool and I'm meeting more people every weekend, soon I'm thinking about implementing the great Only Speaking in Spanish Act (11.AATH.42222.A) But I can now understand about 80% percent of the people 75% of the time. Which is a drastic increase from even a month ago, so that gets me pumped.

Holy crap that volcano is crazy. A german dude I was going to play tennis with tomorrow can't cause his parents are still here. His parents are still here cause they can't fly back to Germany, those pesky golf ball sized, crystalized, pieces of ash tend to be discourteous to plane engines I guess. Here's a sweet article in about it.

Go see the movie Kick Ass, many people I know and trust with movie opinion have said it's one of the best of the year, of course that's only if you want. Didn't mean to demand that one there.


Blanco y cookies is a delicious ly epic chocolate bar I just bought instead of a newspaper. But the whole time I was just thinking about sour patch kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment