Bouncing Around

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jaja Que largo no?

Hola flacos - Lo siento for the long delay, I'm sure there has been a large amount of cumulative sleep lost amongst you. (though I'm sure it has nothing to do with missing my blog) My life hasn't really been hectic it's actually been rather internet free, which is the reason for the 3.5 week gap in blog entries.

I was living in a 9 bedroom house in Almagro, "Parisita "is what I liked to call it due to the 6 Frenchies living there. It's actually quite a funny story and a rather fitting metaphor for an overall lifeplan, bear with me here.

I moved in the second week of august to this gigantic house (think long term hostel but we all had our own rooms, more just hostel vibes I guess) Also huge patio on the roof right smack in them middle of the city. Measuring about 15' wide by 45' long, you could really do whatever you pleased out there. Anyway I move in after speaking with the two argentine "administrators" of the place. two 30 something women, one a designer the other a lawyer I think? But I move in and the demographic at the time is one dude from the Northen French Coast, a rugby player (which roughly corresponds to a cool psuedo jock that can toss em back and stay witty) a student from Munich (I'm still surprised Germany hasn't surpassed US GDP yet, those people really know how to focus) a French girl from the city of Lights and a Israeli guy whose lived here for 3 years. Pretty solid vibes but I was hoping to be living in a packed house, meeting people and hablandoing español. For the first two weeks we had fun but it was more like living in a frat house without the parties or unhealthy competition. At this point I ran into an old coworker who was moving back to the US, she mentioned she had a sweet apt a little farther south and was paying half of what I paid in the argen frat house. Me, being the fiscally responsible young lad I am, jumped at the opportunity and agreed to takeover her room the second week of Sept. Now this is when things began to change. Literally that next morning I woke up and went down to the kitchen to grab my standard morning banana and vîola attractive young foreigner cooking up some bacon (thats a double bonus in my book), she told me she was from central France and had just moved into one of the spare rooms the night before. We exchanged pleasantries and I scadaddled along my way. Now repeat this situation every day for a week, but sub in another foreign girl who had just moved in. By the end of the week I looked around and our house was now full, with me, the french Rugby player, the German student and the Israelentine being the only males and all the rest either french, argentine, Belgian or British females who liked to party. I had already given my word on taking my friends place so I made the most of my time and now have a solid group of new friends, but there really was nothing like being the American man of the house. Though I had to withstand the nightly faux-anger directed towards my assumed to be bush loving self, I also was able to try and speak French while quoting all my favorite American movie lines to roaring laughter. Good times really, but alas life goes on.

I just moved into my new apartment on the most southern of the subte lines (the farther south you go more or less corresponds to how much more ghetto the place you are living in is) (but don't worry the mean streets of Edina have prepped me for anything) I have a fullsize bed and what I believe to be a high quality chinese place next to me so I really can't complain.

I am now in the process of planning my final epic trip from BA. The first leg of which I will be accompanied by my cousin Mr. Michael D. We will be heading south to a beach town, mar del plata, then onto the Valdés Peninsula where we will see 2 million penguins and whales. Then I am planning cutting west to the Andes then up to Bolivia then to Bogota Colombia then back to the little apple (chicago) just in time for christmas around the 23rd. We'll see how all that works out I still need to hack out the deets.

Life is good. I am teaching full time, which means walking 3.5 hours a day. Meeting sweet students and peeps and generally enjoying myself. I hope the same is for all of you and I am excited to see everyone around Navidad. Sorry for the length but I just had so dang much to say. Keep it real and keep it low.

Nos Vemos

Flacos = Dudes more or less

No comments:

Post a Comment