Bouncing Around

Friday, January 22, 2010

My Situation

Okay everybody, I know you've been biting your nails, or sweating bullets, or whatever your nervous tick may be.  I will be staying in BA for at least the next four months because I am starting an internship in the creative department at DDB Argentina in two weeks.  I have to finish my TEFL(Teach English Foreign Language) certificate course before I can begin dropping idea bombs in poorly articulated spanish though.

The Tefl course is actually pretty sweet itself.  The institute where I am receiving my education on a language I now realize I hardly knew, is located in the psuedo-suburbs and offers free english classes to local residents.  These classes are the means through which we learn how to teach english.  So the locals get free english lessons ranging from basic beginner all the way up to advanced intermediate (which basically means the can speak and understand a fluid conversation on a range of topics, except maybe biophysical nanolinguistics) 

Teaching english to people who want to learn is both fun and rewarding, I heard students I taught use some of the language I taught them after class in the lounge, modal verb phrases to be exact but they were using the tactics I taught them, pretty amazing feeling actually.  Just wait until I got them spitting some of that bro speak though...


2 comments:

  1. dude i am legitamately excited for you cuz. You gotta make it for at least that long. Making June plans to come chill out in BA for a week or two. i get my new computer today so i will be skype ready this week.

    peace and love.

    mike d.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful feeling when you can see and hear the results of what your trying to communicate to others especially when they are eager to learn. Continue with your blog. It's a great idea.

    Your Uncle,
    Richard

    ReplyDelete